Summer is almost here and that means vacation season! Whether you’re headed out on a road trip or flying somewhere, packing is key. I used to be a serious overpacker until I started creating a list of everything I needed to take. To help you with your planning, I’ve created a free packing list printable (click the link or the photo above to download)!
A few tips:
- Print this off for each person in your family so you know what to take and make sure you put it in your suitcase to so you don’t forget to re-pack anything for the trip home.
- Use the left check box to check off an item that you’ve put in your suitcase for the trip TO your destination and the right check box to check off an item that you’ve put back for your return. I’ve left things in hotels before and it hasn’t been fun to get them back!
- Slide the list into a page protector and use a wet erase marker to make your list and check it off! That way you only have to print it once but you can use it multiple times.
How I use the packing list:
- I include the activity I’ll be doing at the top of the list (driving, hiking, wedding, etc.) and immediately below in the section for clothing and shoes I list the elements of the outfit all at the same time in order on separate lines to make sure I don’t forget anything (jeans, pink tee, gray hoodie, sneakers, socks).
- Under toiletries, my first four items are always: toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, makeup. These are the items I always forget if they’re not on the list because they’re such an automatic part of my day.
I hope you find the list helpful! Happy traveling!