Dirt was always a favorite when I was growing up – it was just so yummy! So, I decided to update the classic recipe just a bit to make it that much more decadent. It’s also a great recipe to make with your kids. Here’s how you do it!
- 20 Oreo cookies (crushed)
- 1 packet of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese (softened) – this is the secret ingredient that makes it taste almost like chocolate cheesecake!
- 1 tub of cool whip (yes, the entire tub. I told you it was decadent!)
- 2 cups of milk (whole is better for consistency, but you could use skim too)
- Gummy worms
Pour two cups milk in a bowl and whisk in the pudding mix until it’s thick.
While that sets in the fridge, crush 20 Oreos in a ziplock bag with a glass or a rolling pin.
With a hand mixer, mix cream cheese and pudding until well blended (any clumps should be very small). Then mix in about 1/3 of the crushed Oreos.
Fold in the whipped cream and chill in the freezer for at least 10 minutes, but longer is better.
Layer the cups with a couple tablespoons of the pudding mixture, then some Oreo crumbs, then pudding, then Oreo and top with gummy worms. Make sure you refrigerate any leftovers.
Graham decided he liked it so much he wanted to share with Lexi (yikes!).
This dessert ties in well with this week’s Mom Explores Book Club book Garden Wigglers: Earthworms In Your Backyard by Nancy Loewen! It’s a nonfiction book about earthworms and you can pick up a copy here!
Check out what the other Mom Explorers came up with:
There are affiliate links in this post. Affiliate links help keep Mom Explores Orlando up and running. Thanks for your support!